Pest Control Treatment Against Dengue Fever at Ullens School
Dear Parents & Guardians
We would like to update you on the measures we have taken for pest control treatment against Dengue Fever at Ullens School, Khumaltar and Ullens Kindergarten, Jawalakhel. The school has collaborated with Suraksha Pest Control, Seven Pro Solutions Pvt. Ltd. and have taken action on the directions received. We are happy to share what Mr. Mithun Rai owner and our own parent has provided on Dengue fever which is applicable to all of us.
Dengue fever, also known as break bone fever, is a mosquito-borne infection that can lead to a severe flu-like illness. It is caused by four different viruses and spread by Aedes mosquitoes. This mosquito is a daytime biter, both inside and outside homes, and is most active in the hours after sunrise and before sunset.
- We all know mosquitoes can be a nuisance, but some can spread serious diseases when they bite and there is currently NO CURE and NO VACCINE for mosquito-borne disease. The only way to protect yourself and your family is to avoid being bitten.
- Personal protection like applying mosquito repellent spray is mandatory whether inside or outside and reapplied at regular intervals. Children should be clad in long sleeves as possible in-spite of the warm weather. Please ensure your child is sent to school accordingly.
- The windows/doors should not be left open and if opened window mesh should be drawn. At school we have ensured all doors are closed at all time and rooms are equipped with electric mosquito repellents.
- Flowerpot plates should not be allowed to accumulate stagnant water. Gardeners should pay special attention to stagnant water in decorative pots or flowerpot plates that are not found easily; the designated staff monitor and instruct gardeners to pay attention.
- Since Aedes albopictus can lay eggs in a small volume of stagnant water, trash such as beverage cans and lunch boxes, etc. should be disposed of properly in trash containers with lids.
- Drains should be kept unclogged. Stagnant water must be cleared. School has initiated strict action on this.
- Inspection of the entire school area is conducted once a week in order to eliminate mosquito breeding sources.
- Starting from today chemical spraying like Thermal Fogging is conducted thrice a week on a regular basis covering spraying at the lawn area, public places, classrooms and all rooms of each building.